Verständliche Behandlungs-Leitlinien für Bipos

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Verständliche Behandlungs-Leitlinien für Bipos

Hallo,

dass es auch möglich ist, für 'Normalsterbliche' verständliche Behandlungs-Leitlinien zu bipolaren Störungen zu formulieren, zeigt die 'Information for the public' des National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence NICE (UK).

Auszug aus dem Inhaltsverzeichnis:

What should happen when I am first diagnosed?
      Questions you could ask healthcare professionals about bipolar disorder
      What support can I expect from healthcare professionals?
      Good information, informed consent and mutual support
      An equal right to care
      Physical health checks
      Who can I expect to treat me?
      Will I have to stay in hospital or have treatment against my will?
      What treatments are helpful for people with bipolar disorder?
      Medication
      Questions you could ask about medication
      Psychological therapies
      Other treatments
      Questions you could ask healthcare professionals about treatment in general

Und eine kleine Textprobe:

Questions you could ask healthcare professionals about bipolar disorder
      • What makes you think I have bipolar disorder?
      • What do you think causes bipolar disorder?
      • Are all of my symptoms caused by bipolar disorder?
      • How might bipolar disorder affect my everyday life and what might it mean for my physical health?

What support can I expect from healthcare professionals?
      Good information, informed consent and mutual support

26. Your healthcare professionals should build up a good relationship with you and your family members or carers. You should also be given specific information about bipolar disorder, the treatments and any medication you might be offered, how it should be taken, and any side
      effects you might have while taking it.
      27. When explaining things to you, healthcare professionals should use everyday, non-technical language. If you have any additional needs (for example, you have a learning difficulty or a disability), the information and any treatments or care that you receive should be adapted to suit you. If your first language is not English, written material should be provided in your preferred first language and you should have access to an interpreter if needed. You may also be able
      to receive psychological treatments and information about medication in your first language.
      28. With the right kind of information you can make informed decisions about your care. However, if you have a very severe episode of mania or symptoms of depression, you may no longer be able to make an informed decision or clearly communicate your needs. You might need treatment under the Mental Health Act. This is a law that allows a person with a mental disorder to be treated against their will, or without their agreement, if they are judged to be at serious risk to themselves or others. This is sometimes called ‘being sectioned’. So that healthcare professionals can act in your best interests, they might work with you to draw up in advance a set of written instructions (called advance directives) that set out what kind of treatments you do and do not want. A copy of the advance directive should be given to you, the healthcare professional co-ordinating your care and your GP.
      29. Your healthcare professional should tell you about self-help groups and support groups and should encourage you to go. Such groups may be able to give you useful information about how to recognise early warning signs of illness, offer you support in times of crisis and give you further information on treatment and how to cope with side effects of medication. Many people with bipolar disorder find it helpful to meet other people with the condition and share their experiences.

Link zur NICE-Information: nice.org.uk/page.aspx?o=CG38publicinfo

Anmerkungen:

- Es ist an der Zeit, dass auch im deutschsprachigen Raum einige alte 'Halbgötter' ihren Olymp bzw. Elfenbeinturm verlassen und verständlichen Klartext lernen.

- Ein solcher praxis-orientierter und Checklisten-ähnlicher 'ParientInnen-Leitfaden' für Betroffene wäre wirklich mal eine dankenswerte Aufgabe für die Organisationen, die das 'ParientInnen-Wohl' im Rubrum führen - viell. nützlicher als mancher 'Fach-Kongress'...

- Auch das unabhängige NICE-Institut in Großbritannien wurde nach seiner (vom Gesundheitsministerium im Jahr 2000 beschlossenen) Gründung heftig von der Pharma-Industrie bekämpft wie derzeit das vergleichbare deutsche IQWiG (gegründet 2004, siehe Eules Beitrag von gestern). Hoffen wir in unserem Interesse, dass auch dem IQWiG ein erfolgreicher Weg gelingt.

- Sehr interessant und bezeichnend für den Stellenwert solcher Ansätze im angelsächsischen Raum ist unter Punkt 29 die Einbindung der SHG-Ansätze in das Behandlungs-Gesamtangebot. (Man sollte mal einen deutschen Shrink nach regionalen SHG-Angeboten fragen....)

Gruß an alle

Peter[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.xrtheme.com/content/emoticons/Kids/02.gif]

aka Pierrot le Fou(che)
      aka Pedro el Loco
      aka Peter the Maniac
      You'll never gonna change anything!

(John Rambo in Rambo IV)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Snoopydad ()